Saturday, March 21, 2009

Memories

Yes, I'm posting now. What a momentious occasion. Haha!

So what have I been up too lately? Well, obviously many things have happened.(Considering the time span between the posts) Some make me smile while others make me cry. Still there are others that make me laugh, shake my head in disbelief, or warm my heart. Well, whatever. So now its just a matter of recollecting my memories and picking which one i want to write down.

I always feel that memories are really important and vital. Memories are what form are very being and what keeps us rooted in our existence. I'm always really afraid that I'll lose these precious bits of memories. Memories of my childhood- the visits to the zoo, to the park, a simple family dinner, playtime with childhood friends. Memories of lessons learnt- that life aint a bed of roses, that integrity should be the capstone of our live etc. Memories of loved ones- friend and family. Memories, once lost, is almost impossible to recollect, like pouring a glass of water in the sea. You see, memories are so precious in our lives because it is what really identifies us. When we lose such memories, we get really fustrated because we feel that a part of us is gone too. Its like a child leaving his fav teddy bear on a train. He knows its somewhere out there yet he knows he'll never see it again. Memories of our loved ones are even more precious. Losing the memory of a loved one is akin to losing the person.

Heres a poem to read. Lol just felt like writing something.

On the Bench
The air was a cool and silent companion
Except for my own heavy breathing there was not a distraction
Sweat dripped from my forehead onto my top
I sat on the bench to catch my breath
The bench was a dark red meranti, it was sturdy enough
Around me were falling autum leaves and birch and oak
It was inviting. It did not need to talk or give "advice"
Just to listen, to comfort.
To comfort.

No comments: