Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can I?

Can I really do it?
To break across the monotony
To unleash my true potential
Or does such potential even exist?
Am I a fine man
Clad in silk and fine adornments?
Please not!
Even a glittering sword my belt does not hold
Perhaps I am but dirt inside
Unable and parasitic
It stains the cloth, that is as white as snow
Truth to behold!
I am to be content with this mediocrity
I am to embrace it
and find solace in it
Sometimes the rope I hold is taut
But yet at the end of the day when the sun comes to rest
I must still let go
For the mind though willing
the flesh forbids
and in the end the mind accepts
truth is truth
Oh how deep is the longing
To reach for the stars that I gaze upon
to ride my hands along its side
and so to feel its might
I reach out with stretching hands
Hands straineous in constant endeavor
So it seems
The defeat and failure cripples him once more
and he realizes
Can I?

Just some emo poem that I wrote. Enjoy :)

Chows,
yours truely

No comments: