Saturday, January 3, 2009

The new year, A new begining

Haha, yes its been quite awhile. I admit that this delay is purely a result of my laziness and procrastination. Thanks Oliver and Mitchell for reminding me. :) Well, I've finally gotten down to it. First off, I should wish everyone a happy new year!!!!!! How time flies! I still remember studying with mitchell for 0'levels at the cafe above church. And in the blink of an eye, here am I face to face with A levels. Indeed, time does not wait for no man.

So what does the new year actually mean for me? To me, it is a fresh beginning. It is a time to reflect upon the wrongs of the past year and make resolutions. It is a time to realign myself to God's purpose for me and live out my best. Most importantly, it is the increased motivation to make a change in my life for the better. To put it simply, it is to remove the parasites and give myself another chance. I've always been a person to act on what I believe, and sometimes what I believe may not be right. Perhaps thats why I have screwed up some areas of my life. Dotz...

Of course, doing so is not easy. I would certainly like to remain in my comfort zone all snuggled up and warm. But at times like these I would think of the prospect of both ends. If I were to remain comfortable, the end would be that I would be the same. The problems I have will still be there. I really do not want to see myself as a 50 year old man balding with a pot belly and watching TV all day. On the other end of the spectrum would be a life of adventure and success- where I want to be. I guess that is what drives me to accept the new motivation the new year brings.

Another thing is to reflect on the past. I think that this is really important. Reflecting on the past allows me to identify the mistakes I have made and to make amends in the new year. As I have said earlier, one of the mistakes I have made is to have wrong believes. I guess I will be spending this week reflecting on my belief system and to refresh them. This would entail reading alot of the word of God. Until, I get this done, I will not set my resolutions. Whats the use of having resolutions if you do not unerstand clearly the situation you are in?

So it has come. The new year of 2009. Gone is the past chapter of my life and in comes the new. As this year progresses, I will certainly not waste it away. I will put in every ounce of effort and courage to change my life for the better. With God as my lead, the new year chronicles the ending of the old life and the start of a fresh begining. Let this post, put what I have said in black and white.

Note: I have actually thought of alot more stuff that is related to this topic. But I am unable to put them down to pen as I can't see the full picture of these stuff yet.

Happy New Year,
Jethro

No comments: