Friday, January 9, 2009

Can't think of any heading

A couple of events have sinced happened since the last post.

For one, I busted my toe a couple of days ago. What happen was that I was randomly strolling around in my parents room when I accidently whacked my fourth toe against the wardrobe. So obviously it hurt real bad so I clasped it with my hand to numb the pain. Not sure if this works though. Haha! But when I unveiled my hand I noticed that the toe nail actually came off. Its like really really sick cause I was able to see the raw flesh inside. I didn't know what to do so I just pressed it back into place and hope for the better. Thank God! After about 15 minutes the nail sorta stuck back. (although there was still blood oozing out from underneath the nail.) In fact, I remembered that I placed a tissue paper under my foot so that I wouldn't lost the nail. The end of the story is that now, the toe nail is much better. lol wonderful ending.

Number 2, It's gym time. On wednesday I went with bryan to buy my gym attire. In the end, I bought a totally cool black adidas outfit with matching sleeveless top and bottom. Much thks to bryan for his fashion advice. So eager to try out the outfit, I went again with bryan to the gym today. Guess who we saw there! We saw a celebrity. Although I can recognise him I don't know his name. But I am guessing his name is tian wen for he was wearing a red jersey with that name behind. Lol so me and bryan discovered that he loved to do bence press. Lol he was like hogging the station for 45 minutes.

Number 3, I earned my first 30 bucks yesterday. For some of you who know me better, I managed to find a job as a tutor teaching at little professors tuition centre. The pay is really not bad, I must say. I kinda liked what I was doing also. My job was to teach primary 3 math. I only had 2 students cos the tuition centre kinda just started out. There was one guy and one girl. The guys name is dexter and the girls name is tracy. Haha! I had alot of fun teaching them. And I guesssed they had alot of fun too. Their reaaly sweet although they love too joke a little too much. I look forward to teaching them again next week.

Number 4, school work and exams. KILLER!. Gotta catch up. Enough said here.

Number 5,my thoughts. I have been wanting to get this off here for some time already. Sometimes I feel that we have the wrong focus in life. I often look around and notice that people, including myself, have been so distracted by life that we fail to see what truely matters. I see people so obsessed with position, recognition, of being somebody and to 'advance' in life. I find this especially so for teens. For instance, I often see them getting so caught up with 'life', having more friends, being somebody in school or at church, wanting to have that latest sneaker, wanting to be so pro at a musical instrument etc. I mean does all this really matter. I see so many of this people going down this path to nowhere at the expense of more significant things like God, family, friends and the simple contentment of life. They often spent to much time 'advancing' in life that they have little time for God and for family. Of course, I myself am no exception and am a culprit. But I would like to strike a fine balance. I hope that you will too.

Alright, thats enough for today. Chows!

No comments: